Information for Businesses
Support for Oak Bay Businesses
As we look towards Phase 2 of the Province’s Re-Start Plan, many Oak Bay businesses are having to adjust their operations through innovative solutions and new practices to ensure that they are aligned with the Province’s guidelines and able to safely operate.
We understand that many businesses are facing new challenges during this unprecedented time of COVID-19 and we want you to know that the District is here to support you.
To support Oak Bay businesses who need assistance to re-open or operate, the District is inviting businesses to reach out with proposals and to work with the District to explore opportunities to assist with solutions on a case-by-case basis. Examples of potential proposals include:
- Use of the public right of way; or
- Use of business parking for another purpose.
If you have a proposal or an idea that you believe would assist your business’ ability to operate safely, you can contact the District by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 250-598-3311.
We would like to thank all members of the Oak Bay community for their cooperation and compliance with the Provincial Health Officer’s orders. The resources below are provided to assist businesses who may be facing hardship during these times.
Orders of the Provincial Health Officer:
These are mandatory orders issued by the Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry. These are mandatory and must be adhered to, and include restrictions on certain business operations. These are subject to change as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Persons having travelled outside of Canada on or after March 12, 2020
Owners, occupiers and operators
Provincial Supports for Businesses:
BC businesses impacted by COVID-19 can now get one-on-one support through the new B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service. Call 1 833-254-4357 or visit http://covid.smallbusinessbc.ca to find out more about the supports in place to help you.
All District of Oak Bay businesses need to follow the direction of the appropriate authorities. Here are resources to help support your business during this time:
- Essential Business Resources are available through South Island Prosperity Partnership
- COVID-19 Provincial Government Support and Information
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- WorksafeBC Information and Resources
- BC Hydro COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Provincial Health Services Authority Info and Resource Page
- BC Economic Development Association COVID-19 Resources
- Small Business BC Resources for Businesses
- Federal Government Business Resources
- BDC Support for Entrepreneurs
- What are Essential Services?
- BC Economic Development Association Restart Survey