Garbage & Recycling
Please Note: Starting January 1, 2021 grass clippings, leaves, pruning, plants, and branches will be allowed in the curbside organics container. Please do not overfill totes. Lids must be closable.
Bi-weekly garbage, curbside organics and recycling collection is automatically provided for all residential property owners (excludes single family homes on private streets). This service is included on resident's utility bills and all residential property owners pay the same annual fee of $286.91 split between three billing periods The recycling programs in Oak Bay and throughout Greater Victoria are coordinated by the Capital Regional District.
Hazardous Materials should be disposed of appropriately, do not let dangerous materials go down the drain! There is a regional source control program in place.
Additional hazardous material and recycling is also provided through several 3rd-party organizations.
- Collection Service & Schedule
- Garbage, recyclables and garden waste drop off depot
- Recycling & Organics
- Hazardous Materials
- Compost Sales *Suspended at this time
- Garden Waste and Leaf Collection
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to access the Municipal Yard Recycle and Transfer Station, and frequently asked questions
- What can be left curbside on Collection Day
- Purchasing Totes and Kitchen Catchers
Schedule and Service Information
(Including missed curbside garbage pickup)
Oak Bay Public Works
Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Organics Pickup Information
(Including missed curbside organics pickup)
Recycling Pickup Information
(Including missed curbside recycle pickup)
Recycling General Information
CRD Hotline 250-360-3030