Engineering & Public Works
Engineering and Public Works is responsible for developing and renewing Oak Bay's infrastructure and utilities in sustainable ways to meet the community's needs. The department is responsible for water distribution, wastewater collection, solid waste collection, and the transportation network (including sidewalks, active transportation, street lights and traffic signals). This includes daily operations and maintenance, as well as planning and delivering on the capital works program to meet new infrastructure needs and to rehabilitate existing infrastructure.
Ongoing Project Update Pages:
- Municipal Hall Renovation
- Uplands Sewer Separation Project
- Cadboro Bay Road and Bowker Avenue - Intersection Upgrade
- Oak Bay Avenue - Tree Removal, Planting and Sidewalk Tripping Hazard Remediation
- Thompson Avenue/Mayhew Storm Drain Replacement Project
- Windsor Road Sanitary Sewer Upgrade (Phase 1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Engineering - Oak Bay Municipal Hall
2167 Oak Bay Avenue
Victoria BC, V8R 1G2
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Director of Engineering and Public Works - Daniel Horan
1771 Elgin Road
Victoria BC, V8R 5L7
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Superintendent of Public Works - David Brozuk
Operations Manager, Public Works - Terry Johnson