Engineering & Public Works
Engineering and Public Works is responsible for developing and renewing Oak Bay's infrastructure and utilities in sustainable ways to meet the community's needs. The department is responsible for water distribution, wastewater collection, solid waste collection, and the transportation network (including sidewalks, active transportation, street lights and traffic signals). This includes daily operations and maintenance, as well as planning and delivering on the capital works program to meet new infrastructure needs and to rehabilitate existing infrastructure.
For further information regarding the Public Works Department inclucing: Garbage Collection, Recycling & Organics, Garden Waste Drop Off, Garden Waste & Leaf Collection, Accessing the Munical Yard, Please Click Here.
Ongoing Project Update Pages:
- Uplands Sewer Separation Project
- Oak Bay Avenue - Tree Removal, Planting and Sidewalk Tripping Hazard Remediation
- Victoria Avenue Water Main Replacement Project
- Lincoln Road Water Main Upgrade
Recently Completed Projects.
- Municipal Hall Renovation
- Windsor Road Sanitary Sewer Upgrade (Phase 1)
- Thompson Avenue/Mayhew Storm Drain Replacement Project
- Cadboro Bay Road and Bowker Avenue - Intersection Upgrade
Frequently Asked Questions
- Rocks and Obstacles on Boulevards
- Boulevard Plantings and Restrictions
- Public Works Frequently Asked Questions
Engineering - Oak Bay Municipal Hall
2167 Oak Bay Avenue
Victoria BC, V8R 1G2
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Director of Engineering and Public Works - Daniel Horan
1771 Elgin Road
Victoria BC, V8R 5L7
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Superintendent of Public Works - David Brozuk
Operations Manager, Public Works - Terry Johnson