For emergencies, call: 911
For non-emergencies, call: 250-592-9121
The Oak Bay Fire Department was established in 1937, enacted by Bylaw 848. The Fire hall is located at 1703 Monterey Avenue. The Fire Department currently employs 26 career firefighters and two support personnel.
Provide enhanced fire protection and public safety services that will avoid loss of life and property through fire prevention, emergency preparedness and intervention.
Oak Bay Fire Department is a direct provider of emergency and non-emergency services to the following customers:
- The citizens of the Municipality of Oak Bay.
- The businesses and their customers located within the Municipality of Oak Bay.
- Persons attending and working at the University of Victoria.
- The citizens of the panhandle area of the Municipality of Saanich (automatic response area).
- Other municipal departments (e.g. Police, Public Works, Parks Department plus Administration).
- Mutual aid partners – Saanich Fire Department, Victoria Fire Department and British Columbia Ambulance Service.
- View the Strategic Directions Action Plan
The Fire Department structure consists of:
- Fire Prevention/Education
- Emergency Program