Please note: All programs listed are scheduled between January to June 2021 but are subject to change and/or cancellation with changing Public Health Orders. Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture are working closely with Island Health to ensure programs and services meet the requirements of the Public Health Orders. Please call Reception at 250-595-7946.
Looking to play Racquet Sport (Tennis, Pickleball, Badminton or Table Tennis) in Oak Bay?
Download the Racquet Sports COVID-19 Safety Handbook.
Download the Indoor Racquet Sport Court COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Singles play only (maximum two players per court with no spectators).
- Junior lessons have a maximum of 4 players per court. All Adult lessons are cancelled at this time, except for private lessons.
- Updated Oct 9, 2020: Approved by Island Health Authority: Players are now permitted to touch the tennis balls as long as they sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the tennis playing area. During the lesson, coaches will ask players to sanitize their hands again if it is noticed that the player’s hands contacted their face.
- Please wait for your lesson outside of the court area, maintaining appropriate physical distancing from others. The coach will meet you outside and bring you to the court.
- All lessons will end 7 minutes early to allow for the class transition and cleaning.
- All indoor court bookings have a 15 minute transition period to allow for the transition and cleaning between rental groups.
Recreation Centres where Court Bookings are available to book:
All Indoor and Outdoor racquet court bookings are now available and can be booked up to four days in advance (to the hour).
Oak Bay Recreation Centre:
- Outdoor Tennis Courts 1-7
Henderson Recreation Centre:
- Outdoor Tennis Courts 1-6
- Indoor Badminton Courts 1-4
- Indoor Pickleball Courts 1-4
- Indoor Table Tennis Tables 1-8
- Outdoor Pickleball Courts A, B, C, and D
- Outdoor Tennis Court 3/ Multi-Use Court 4 and 5
- Outdoor Tennis Courts 1, 2, and 3
How to Book Indoor/Outdoor Tennis Racquet Courts at Recreation Oak Bay:
- Reserve up to 4 days in advance (to the hour).
For example: To book a court on the Thursday you can book Sunday at your time you want to play on Thursday.
- Book online or by phone: 250-598-2665 (indoor tennis courts only) or 250-370-7201 .
Indoor Sports Rent-A-COURT - $14.30/hour at Henderson Gym.
Steps to Register Online for Indoor/Outdoor Racquet Sport Court Rentals
- Ensure your Oak Bay online account and login is set up and your birthdate is accurate. If you do not have account you will need to set–up one by calling reception at 250–370-7201.
- Login with username and password at: oakbayrec.perfectmind.com
- Under the Facilities menu select type of court rental.
- Search for availability or scroll through the list, locate court of choice and select Choose to view availability.
- Select time of choice on the grid.
- Review the summary at the bottom of the page and click Register.
- Select booker (this will default to the primary contact on your account) click Next.
- Answer questionnaire listing the names of all individuals that will be playing on this court booking and click Next.
- Review booking and click Checkout to choose payment method or Add another reservation if you would like to book another court. (If your booking is incorrect click Modify booking to amend).
- Select payment method and click Place My Order to complete the reservation.
- Select Print Receipt or Print Contract to have the option to print or email documents. This is your record for who you played with, please save for a 1 month period.
NOTE: Payment is required. You may cancel your session up to four hours in advance. If you feel symptoms of COVID-19 please stay home, we will be happy to issue you a refund. Ten years old and up are welcome to participate in the court rentals, however one adult 19 years or above must be present and playing. A maximum of two players per court booking for pickleball and badminton and two players for table tennis.
Recreation Oak Bay Tennis Pathway
Download Tennis Pathway [PDF - 98 KB]