Please email the Oak Bay Parks Department for all Field and Parks Permit Bookings. Please note the following information will be required:
- The name of your organization
- The event coordinator’s name and contact information
- The type of function
- The date and time
- The number of people who are anticipated to attend
- Proof of liability insurance
Cost of bookings
- General Rental Fee $8.75/hr (youth) and $17.50/hr (adult) plus GST
- Tournaments/Special Events (per day) $80.00 plus GST
- Weddings/Celebrations/Commercial Events $130.25 plus GST (up to four hours)
- At no time can the public be denied use of the park.
- The use of bird seed, confetti, or rice is discouraged.
- Only gas/propane barbeques are permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Bring a copy of your Rental Permit to your event with you.
- All waste and debris must be removed after the event. Materials are strongly recommended to be recycled if possible.
- Booking fees are non-refundable unless the time slot can be rebooked.
- The use of an amplifying system or loudspeaker in a park must be pre-approved by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
- No person shall a) give private instruction, b) operate a recreational program, or c) operate, stage, or present a tournament except with written permission from the Commission.
- The use of tents must be approved by the Commission.
- All sales must be approved by Oak Bay Council.
Oak Bay provides stunning locations for outdoor weddings.
Permits may be issued for weddings at the following Parks:
Cost (per four hours) $130.25
Anderson Hill – 530 Island Rd.
- Maximum attendance 50
- No weddings to be held in the park between January and June
- Restricted Parking
Lokier Gardens – Estevan Ave and Musgrave St.
- Maximum attendance 75-100
- On-street parking (can be limited)
Queen’s Park – 1371 Beach Dr.
- Maximum attendance 100
- On-street parking and additional parking at Oak Bay Marina
Rose Garden – 2451 Windsor Rd. (at Windsor Park)
- Maximum attendance 75
- On-street parking
Willows Park – 2740 Dalhousie St.
- Weddings may be held on the beach or greenspace.
The Municipality has 27 allotment gardens adjacent to Bowker Creek on Monteith Street available for Oak Bay residents to cultivate for a nominal fee.
There is a large demand for the current allotment gardens so there may not be one immediately available.
If you wish to be placed on the waitlist, please call 250-592-7275.
Allotment Booking Fees:
Small Allotment: $47.50 per calendar year
Large Allotment: $70.50 per calendar year