Monterey Recreation Centre
Online and Phone Registration for Monterey Recreation Centre is Open for pre-booked Adult Courses.
Register on line at recreation.oakbay.ca
or by phone 250-370-7300.
The Fern Café is now open Monday to Friday 9:30am -1:00pm.
Limited dine-in seating is available – or you can opt for take-out (of fresh to go or frozen take-out).
Please CLICK HERE for the current menu. (Currently, there are no hot entrees or soups available for dine-in.)
The Fern Café menu is updated weekly. Frozen Food Take-Out orders can be placed at your convenience by calling 250-883-7162. You will be called back with confirmation of your order and to arrange a pick up time (ideally between 9:30am-1:00pm, Monday-Friday).
Please use the Fern Café external entrance on pathway from Hampshire Road to come in for your food pick-up. You will be asked to exit through the Garden Court, so if driving, please park in the underground parking, off of Hampshire Road.
Major credit cards, debit and cash accepted.
Parking Decals are available for sale at Reception by appointment. If your decal expired during the shutdown months bring it in for replacement. You will be compensated for the shutdown time.
If you’re 50 years and better, keep your mind and body active! View Programs in the Active Living Guide.
Monterey Recreation Centre
1442 Monterey Avenue, Victoria BC, V8S 4W1
As a community recreation centre located in the heart of Oak Bay Village, Monterey Recreation Centre offers courses for members and adult non-members:
- For adults 19+ (unless noted).
Facility Hours: Starting September 8, the facility is only open for those signed up for pre-registered classes.
|Building Hours||Registration Hours|
Monterey Recreation Centre COVID-19 Guidelines for Use
• If you are sick, have travelled or been exposed to someone who is sick, please stay home.
• Patron health checks will occur prior to entry into the facility.
• Please wash or sanitize your hands frequently, hand sanitizer will be available at all facility and program entrances.
• Physical distancing requirements are in effect. Please stay 2 metres or 6 feet apart.
• Bring your own fitness equipment and a full water bottle.
• There will be a limited number of people permitted in a classrooms/program room.
• Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures will be implemented before and after programs.
• Washrooms are available with restrictions of one person at a time only.
• There will be no indoor food services or social spaces available, please exit the facility immediately after your program ends.
Rules are subject to change and will be updated as needed. Those disregarding rules may be asked to leave the facility.
Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture follows the direction of the public health authorities. Contact the Monterey Recreation Centre Coordinator at 250-370-7303.
For updates on COVID-19 visit www.oakbay.ca/covid-19
|Monterey Programmer (Philip MacMahon)||250-370-7305|
|Monterey Programmer (Joanne Donohue - Volunteers, Events & Outings)||250-370-7309|
|Head of Reception||250-370-7302|