Property Taxes

The District of Oak Bay prepares property tax notices for all property owners annually, based on a calendar year.   The tax notices (invoices) are issued in mid-May, and tax payments are due on the first business day after July 1st. 

Of your annual property taxes contribution, your municipal government only keeps about 54%.  The remaining 46% goes to other agencies including the Province of British Columbia (School Taxes), the Capital Regional District, Capital Regional Hospital District (Regional Hospital), Victoria Regional Transit, BC Assessment Authority, the  Municipal Finance Authority, and others.