Recreation Oak Bay offers an incredible variety of camps for children during Public School Professional Development Days, Winter Break, Spring Break, and Summer Break.
Spring Break 2018 Camps [PDF - 161 KB]
What you should know about Spring Break at Recreation Oak Bay:
- Camp leaders are selected for their experience, abilities and dedication to providing every camper with a safe and fun camp experience.
A Safe Place for Children:
- Campers are fully supervised throughout the day. Camp leaders are trained in First Aid and CPR, have completed a criminal record check and receive a minimum of eight hours of training. Parents/guardians are required to sign campers in and out of camp each day and provide current medical and emergency information for their camper.
- For most camps, you will be emailed a schedule and parent information letter the Friday before the camp begins. Schedules and the parent letter will indicate items your camper should bring to camp each day. Please note: schedules are subject to change.
The First Day of Camp:
- Please be prepared to stay a few minutes on the first day of camp to complete sign-in, meet your camper’s leaders and complete any outstanding paperwork.
- Camps run rain or shine unless you are notified otherwise.
Epi-pens & Severe Allergies:
- If your child carries an Epi-pen, an Emergency Medical Information Form must be completed before the first day of camp. Forms are available at reception.
Please refrain from sending “products with nuts” to camp.
Extra Support Needs:
- If your child is eligible for a support staff through funding by Supported Child Development please contact the Community Recreation Programmer at 250-370-7204 to arrange for support staff PRIOR to registering for a camp.
Spring Break Camp Registration & Withdrawals:
- Please refer to page 88 for registration and withdrawal information.
- All full-day camps require campers to be currently attending kindergarten or higher in order to register. In order to register for preschool aged camps, campers must meet the minimum age requirement by April 3, 2018 and must be able to use the toilet independently.
Questions and Concerns:
- Please contact reception at 250-595-7946 and a receptionist will be happy to answer your questions or have a camp supervisor contact you.
Your feedback is important to us! Email surveys are sent out for each week your child attends camp. Feel free to fill them out weekly or if your time is restricted just fill out one at the end of the summer.