Looking for a great Golf Course in Victoria?
Henderson Park Golf Course is ideal for beginners or those who want to practice their short game. Nestled in a beautiful tree-flanked setting, the course provides a challenge to beginners and more experienced golfers alike.
Henderson Park Par 3 Golf Course in now open. Tee times will only be available between 9:00am-4:00pm. No walk-ons at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: Henderson Recreation Centre, putting and driving area will remained closed at this time.
Reserve your tee times online, or call Henderson Reception at 250-370-7200. (Monday-Sunday 8:30am-5:00pm).
You may download guide for instructions to book on line by clicking here.
- Golf Score Card [PDF - 247 KB] Only available online at this time.
Green Fees as of Monday, May 11th are:
May 2020 Green Fees :
|Family Household (2 adults & 2 youth under 19 years or
1 adult and up to 3 youths under 19 years.
Players must be from the same household).
Henderson Park Par 3 Golf Course also offers Golf Lessons starting in August.
Henderson Park Par 3 Golf Course - COVID-19 PANDEMIC POLICY
The health and safety of the public and staff is the top priority. It is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
The following protocols will support the efforts to maintain the health and safety of golfers and staff participating:
Before you come:
- If you are sick, please DO NOT use the golf course
- STAY home if you have travelled in the past 14 days OR if someone in your household is sick. If you have symptoms, please call 8-1-1 or use the BCCDC self- assessment tool
- Tee times can ONLY be booked and paid for by registering online at recreationoakbay.ca or by calling Henderson reception between the hours of 8:30am-5pm Monday through Sunday
- No walk on traffic at this time. Henderson Recreation Centre Facility will remain closed until further notice
- Tee times will be available to book 4 days in advance, cancellations available 4 hours before tee time.
- Golf is rain or shine, there will be no refund unless extreme weather conditions.
- Tee time intervals are 20 minutes apart to spread out the increase the physical distance between players
- Golfers must arrive at the course no earlier than 10 minutes before their tee time. If you arrive late you will forfeit your tee time
- Check in with staff on the first tee prior to the start of your round. Staff will monitor the golf course to ensure players are practicing social distancing and to confirm player’s registration to play.
- Physical distancing is not optional. Please Keep 2 metres apart from each other at all times
- Maintain groups of 3 or less (exception for a family household – Max 2 adults over 19 years and 2 youth under the age of 19 years) Groups will play as booked in tee times and there are no other joining players
- Clubs and balls will NOT be available through Henderson Recreation Centre or Golf Course – Players must bring their own equipment.
- Your gear is your own. No sharing of any golf equipment and/or snack, sunscreen etc.
- One ball play only. Please do not hit multiple balls on one hole.
- Leave the flag in while putting- DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAG. The cup is upside down and your ball will tap the pin with a small drop inside the cup. Please use club to remove ball. This is to prevent golfers from removing the flag or reaching in to retrieve their ball
- Do not shake hands or high five to celebrate, a tip of the cap will do
- Adhere to golf course codes of conduct and no playing through other groups
- High touch items are unavailable. This includes scorecards, pencils, and ball washing stations
- The putting green and driving area are closed
- All public spaces and common touch points will be cleaned regularly
- Washroom access is open 6am-8pm is located by the 6th/7th hole at Kiwanis Park. Only 1 person permitted in the washroom at all times.
- Golfers are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and use it each time you touch a surface.
- Once golfers are finished their game, please head directly to your vehicle to help maintain social distance. Do not loiter in the parking lot before or after your round.
Recreation Oak Bay is following the direction of the public health authorities. For updates on COVID-19 visit www.districtoakbay.ca/covid-19
People not adhering to these protocols risk the closure of the course and may be asked to leave the premises.
Benefits of Golf - Did you Know?
To find a sport that allows you to play from Kindergarten in to your senior years is tough! If you want to stay active for ‘life’ then golf is the sport for you.
Here are some (maybe) little known benefits of the game of golf:
Golf is a great low-impact way to develop the cardio activity, core stability, balance and focus that is necessary to function effectively from day-to-day and reduce the risk of health concerns.
Thanks to a new generation of golf professionals, strength, conditioning and nutrition are a significant part of golf instructional programs.
Golf helps develop and improve balance, hand eye coordination and basic movement skills, everything a child needs to build their physical literacy (the mastery of fundamental movement skills – run, jump, throw, hit, swing etc).
Golf is one of the best low-risk activities for seniors. Walking is an excellent low-impact exercise, especially beneficial for older adults and the twisting and swinging of the body can keep the body flexible and limber.
Golf is a good mental exercise and can improve mental sharpness and concentration powers.
Golf is great for family bonding and entertainment. Family sports are a great way to spend time together, teach children about fair play and teamwork and benefit from multiple health benefits. Because of the handicap system that was created to determine a golfer’s playing ability and potential, moms and dads can actually compete with their children even if they play from different tee boxes or at significantly different skill levels.
The game of golf has at its core a standard of behavior that lends itself to positive development. Personal skills such as honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect are all present in golf, regardless of the level of competition. Golf teaches kids to use good judgment and be responsible.