Advisory Planning Commission
Advisory Planning Commission (APC) Vacancy
The APC is looking for one additional committee member for a term ending December 2018 and may be renewed for additional terms. If you are a resident of Oak Bay who would like to volunteer to serve the community as a member of this committee, please see the following for additional information and applications.
The mandate of the Commission is to advise Council on matters respecting land use, community planning, or proposed bylaws and certain permits under Part 26 of the Local Government Act.
As detailed in the Advisory Planning Commission Bylaw, 2015, the District of Oak Bay may refer planning and land use matters to the Commission for review, including the following:
- Development policies and initiatives that promote a sustainable community by linking land use, transportation, environment, climate change, economy, heritage, social and cultural considerations;
- Measures for progress toward achieving Official Community Plan goals and objectives;
- Proposed amendments to the Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw to ensure they remain effective and relevant documents;
- Official Community Plan amendment applications, rezoning applications and land use contract amendments to ensure proposed developments comply with the policies and objectives of the Official Community Plan; and
- Select development permits and development variance permits.
- Pam Copley
- Patrick Frey
- Virginia Holden
- Kristina Leach, Chair
- Michael Low
- Kris Nichols
- Caroline Smart
- Tim Taddy