Online Plumbing Application

Apply for Plumbing Permits Online

Online plumbing permits are now available via MyDistrict.

Did you know?

Plumbing permits are required for new or altered plumbing systems such as adding a bathroom, relocating fixtures, replacing storm drain and sanitary sewer laterals on private property and for irrigation systems.
The permit can be issued to a ticketed plumber or a homeowner. (Homeowner must demonstrate plumbing code knowledge and submit an isometric drawing of the proposed plumbing with application.)
If the plumbing permit is related to a building permit, the building permit must be issued first.
An upgrade to the water supply to a private residence requires a dual check valve (dcv) to be installed and may also require a larger water meter. In some instances, upgrading the city connection may also be necessary. In Oak Bay, homeowners are responsible for these charges.
If installation of an irrigation system includes heads installed on the District's boulevard, a Boulevard Encroachment Agreement Application is required. See the Engineering Department for more information.
Please ensure you have the number of fixtures, types and any digital files ready to upload (drawings, engineering, if applicable).
Fire Sprinkler Permits require Letters of Assurance and Engineered Design Drawings. Applicants must be ticketed plumbers.


Plumbing Permit Application (MyDistrict)

Link will bring you to MyDistrict Online Dashboard