- Diploma in Applied Chemistry and Biochemistry
- BSc. in Life Sciences
- BCRPA Registered Strength Trainer
- BCRPA Registered Personal Trainer
- Canadian Red Cross First Aid/CPR C
What motivated you to become a trainer?
Fitness has always been a lifelong interest and passion of mine. I became a BC Registered Personal Trainer and turned my fitness hobby into my new career. I believe being healthy and fit reduces stress, promotes happiness and confidence to help give you a long, fulfilling life.
I like to focus on strength training as a way to increase bone density, muscle mass which in turn helps protect one’s joints and reduces the likelihood of injury. If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
After completing my science degree, I returned to my career in chemistry. However, nutrition and fitness has always been a lifelong interest and passion of mine. After having two children I decided to pursue a fitness-focused lifestyle. I became a BC Registered Personal Trainer and turned my fitness hobby into my new career. I recently went outside of my comfort zone and trained for a fitness competition. I competed in the VanCity Showdown Fitness Competition and came in 1st place in two categories and won the Overall Women’s Figure Open.
My desire is to use my training and experience to help others to attain their fitness goals.
- MDS Metro Laboratories Services Award
- 2017 VanCity Showdown Overall Women’s Figure Open (1st Place)
- 2017 VanCity Showdown Overall Women’s Masters Figure (1st Place)
“What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become.”