Scheduled Technical Outage - Sunday, October 22, 2023
The District of Oak Bay will be experiencing a planned technical outage starting at 6pm this Sunday October 22, lasting approximately 6 hours. This will affect non-emergency phones and computers at facilities across Oak Bay, including Police and Fire non-emergency lines. Impacts include:
- Non-emergency phone lines will be down. However, 911 emergency call service will NOT be affected, and police/fire personnel will be in direct contact with their emergency dispatch providers through CREST radio and cell phones.
- Oak Bay Recreation's Administration/Reception Service Downtime
- no phones
- no registrations through Reception
- no payment via credit or debit card for admissions
- Activity facilities will remain open at their scheduled hours.
- Reception staff will be onsite and memberships, punch passes, and cash admissions will be accepted.
- Online registration will still be available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!