The mandate of the Commission is to advise to Council on a range of community heritage matters, including:
- Reviewing and making recommendations to Council on the content and maintenance of the Community Heritage Register, including related Statements of Significance as drafted by staff or consultants;
- Reviewing staff reports and related heritage documentation regarding proposed heritage designations, Heritage Revitalization Agreements, or other forms of preservation that may be registered against title to real property, for input and advice to Council;
- Reviewing existing and proposed District plans, strategies or other regulatory initiatives for input and advice to Council pertaining to heritage conservation, including any planning initiatives related to Heritage Conservation Areas and the Oak Bay Heritage Plan;
- Reviewing and making recommendations to Council on select development applications, including:
- Development applications within Heritage Conservation Areas (“HCA”), to support compliance with the HCA guidelines in the Official Community Plan; and,
- Development applications, including Heritage Alteration Permit applications, relative to review of the heritage-related aspects of the proposed redevelopments.
- any other heritage matter referred by Council.
Terms of Refererence and Related Documents:
- Councillor Andrew Appleton, Liaison
- Bronwyn Taylor, Chair
- Jane Hall, Vice Chair
- Patricia Wilson
- Eva Eaton
- Frank Wilson
- Pamela Madoff