L.I.F.E. = Leisure Involvement For Everyone
The LIFE program has been designed to provide healthy lifestyle opportunities for the residents of Oak Bay on limited incomes. LIFE is also available at all Greater Victoria Recreational Facilities.
How to Apply
To apply for the LIFE program simply bring the following to an Oak Bay Recreation Centre reception desk (Oak Bay Recreation Centre, Henderson Recreation Centre, or Monterey Recreation Centre):
• LIFE Application Form 2 pages [PDF - 704 KB]
• Proof of current Oak Bay residency (utility bill, rental agreement, etc.)
• Notices of Assessment (NOA)* for each applying adult (18 years and older)
• Every family member who needs an access card – we’ll be taking their photographs
*To obtain a copy of your NOA call Revenue Canada at 1-800-959-8281 or visit http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount. For those individuals under extenuating circumstances who are unable to clearly provide a NOA an Adjudicator Form [PDF - 434 KB] may be accepted in lieu on a case by case basis.
If you are applying for the LIFE 2019 Program, the following Low-income threshold numbers will be used (Per # of People in Household)
• 1 = $23,023
• 2 = $32,559
• 3 = $39,876
• 4 = $46,045
• 5 = $51,480
• 6 = $56,394
• 7+ = $60,912
You’ll Receive (choose one):
• An access card with 52 drop-in admissions at any Greater Victoria recreation facility.
• Each LIFE member will also receive 4 discounts for registered programs. Each discount provides either 50% off a course $100 or less or $50 off a course over $100.
• 50% discount on an Oak Bay Annual Membership (Adult, Youth, or Family) for use at any Oak Bay recreation centre.
• 50% discount on the Annual Regional Membership for use at any Greater Victoria recreation facility.
• Full-time post-secondary students are NOT eligible for the LIFE program. Spouses and dependents of students (that are not students themselves) are still eligible.
• Discount coupons, drop-in admissions, and memberships are non-transferable and are not eligible for cash or credit.
• Participants must have their picture taken for their LIFE card.
• There is a $5 replacement fee for lost cards. Replacement cards will be prorated by subtracting 4 visits/month from the date of issue up to the date card is replaced.
For more information please contact Reception at 250-595-7946