The pool is open!
Please visit oakbay.ca/parks-recreation/programs-registration/aquatics for the schedule and more detailed information on the available options.
All schedules subject to change.
The Pool at Oak Bay Recreation Centre is your destination for a variety of drop-in swimming sessions. Fit in a swim after a workout in the Fitness Studio, come for a relaxing dip after work, or join family and friends for public swimming… the choice is yours!
Session descriptions below.
Registered Lane Swim
This 45minutes swim session offers a double lane of continuous, fast, speedo & leisure swimming. Swimmers will be responsible for maintaining 2m of physical distance from other swimmers during this swim. Swimmers will be able to select their own pool equipment i.e. kick board, pull-buoy, etc. Once they are done, they will put their used equipment in a “Used” area for cleaning.
Family Bubble Swim
Gather your extended family or close “bubble” friends and book a private pool party! Family-Bubble Fun Swims are customizable to your group’s interests with options that will be fun for the whole bubble!
1. Pure Bubble Fun! An open pool with music, toys, games and water slides!
2. Half & Half! Opt to have swim lesson from an aquatic instructor before enjoying an open pool of fun with toys, games and water slides!
3. Fun & Fitness! Pure bubble fun in most of the pool with some lanes available for any keen lap swimmers.
4. Parent’s Day Off! Parents can sit back relax and enjoy the hot tub or small pool while one of the Aquatic staff supervises and runs games for the kids in the group.
Join your favorite instructor for their signature aquafit class! Teri, Nelly, Mary-Jane, Leah and Lynn are back and ready to deliver a variety of in water fitness classes, ranging from mild to intense workouts.
• SHALLOW WATER AQUAFIT With Nelly & Leah & Lynn
• DEEP WATER AQUAFIT With Lynn
• WATERWORKS and 50 & Better Shallow Water With Teri
• SHALLOW WATER ENERGIZER AQUAFIT With Mary– Jane
Single Lane and Water Walking Bookings
This 1 hour lane booking offers individuals, and up to two other lane swimmers, or up to one other water runner, to rent their own designated pool space. Swimmers booking a swim lane must be able to swim 50m continuously as all single swim lanes will have a designated stop and start end to ensure physical distance can be maintained when resting and changing equipment. Water runners will have a choice between booking a deep end or shallow end half lane. Each booking will be provided with a place for personal belongings and a basket so desired pool equipment can be selected.
Family or Bubble Swim Lessons
Recreation Oak Bay’s Aquatic department is excited to offer Bubble lessons. Lessons have a capacity of six participants per instructor, including spectators, and can be shared by extended family members or “bubble” cohorts of your choice. Moving forward, this will be an effective alternative to our traditional level based format of teaching swimming and water safety. Weaker swimmers and children under the age of five are to be accompanied by a caregiver to ensure safety and to provide appropriate physical distancing.