Hockey League Information
Please note: All programs listed are scheduled between January to June 2021 but are subject to change and/or cancellation with changing Public Health Orders. Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture are working closely with Island Health to ensure programs and services meet the requirements of the Public Health Orders. Please call Reception at 250-595-7946.
Welcome to the Recreation Oak Bay Adult Hockey League
Updated March 27, 2021
Registration is currently open for the Spring League. Games start on April 27! Updated information will be sent out closer to the program start date.
Sports and extracurricular activities: By order of the PHO, restrictions are in place fo adult and youth indoor and outdoor sports. These temporarty restrictions are in place to limit the amount of physical interactions and travel to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Adult indoor and outdoor team sports for people 19 years of age and older are supspended.You can review the PHO Order – Gatherings and Events (PDF)
Optimistically the Oak Bay Adult Hockey plans to run when the province allows the return to adult sports. The League will operate assuming the province permits adult sports under Viasport Phase 3 safe return to play guidelines, where hockey is defined as a sport with frequent or sustained contact during game play. Game play permitted to occur within the cohort environment. As such, once this program starts, there will be no late registration permitted OR Subs in order to assure that the cohort is not compromised. With this in mind, the league will offer two cohorts consisting of four teams each. League numbers will be lowered to 10 players and one goalie to assure appropriate guidelines are met, and registration will be based on a first-come-first-serve basis. Registration will be individual based only. Please review our website for all updated rules and policies.
Arena COVID-19 Guidelines for Use
- If you are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend.
- If you have symptoms, please call 8-1-1 or use the BCCDC self-assessment tool. Please stay home if you have travelled in the past 14 days. Cancellations/refunds will be offered if you are sick or have symptoms which prevent you from attending.
- No drop-ins will be available at this time, all access to the arena must be pre-registered online or by phone at 250-595-7946.
- No skate and equipment rentals or gear lend out available!
- Please practice physical distancing, remain 2 meters apart at all times.
- Masks are mandatory for all (staff and patrons) in all common spaces including hallways, lobbies, change rooms, washrooms and when traveling between programs, activities, etc. Masks are still optional when engaged in a physical activity such as skating on the ice.
- Please enter the arena by the exterior arena doors only, check in with staff, and follow the foot traffic directional signage posted. See Arena Foot traffic directs at the end of the guidelines.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your session.
- No Spectators permitted. Only one parent/guardian per skater under 5years of age or with various needs which may require attention during the session.
- Hockey dressing rooms and showers will not be available.
- Skaters and Hockey players arrive in full equipment and remove shoes and put on skates in the lobby, taking all personal limits to the on ice area. Goaltenders are asked to arrive in as much equipment as possible, but are permitted to put additional equipment on in the arena lobby as needed.
- Please do not re-enter the Lobby and do not leave any personal items in the lobby area.
- Skaters must have their own clearly labelled full water bottle.
- Washrooms available with restricted capacity.
- Absolutely no game play, scrimmages or contact drills.
- Absolutely no spitting!
- Skaters will exit the ice via following the directional signage posted to collect their shoes and limited personal items by the off-ice gates.
- Please exit within 15 minutes of the completion of the program.
- Absolutely no alcohol during or after gameplay, and NO congregating in parking lot before or after ice times.
- Wash or sanitize your hands or upon arrival and before you leave the facility. Hand sanitizers will be available in common areas.
- Please review the Arena Foot Traffic directions before you come to the arena.
Rules are subject to change and will be updated as needed. Those disregarding rules may be asked to leave the facility.
Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture follows the direction of the public health authorities. Contact the Arena Coordinator if any issues arise: 250-370-7113.
For updates on COVID-19 visit www.oakbay.ca/covid-19
About the Recreation Oak Bay Adult Hockey League
- Recreation Oak Bay is pleased to provide the most affordable recreational adult hockey programming in the lower island. League Organizers will use player registration forms to create teams made up of individual players at the start of the season.
- This league offers a great non-contact recreational hockey program year round. From adults to old-timers, players of all abilities are welcome to join the league (Old-timers is held during the summer only).
- Full hockey gear and CSA approved helmets are mandatory.
- Player stats and rankings are not recorded to support the non-competitive position of this league.
- The league is an individual based sign up league, each player must fill out a registration form. You may request up to three friends to play with. If you have a full team of players, please contact the league organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams may be asked to split up to even out league numbers before the beginning of the season.
Attention Players - Please Read Below:
- Team lists will be online on this page 3 days before the first league game.
- Players MUST wear Recreation Oak Bay Hockey League Jerseys. Jerseys will be provided at the first game of the season. If a player misses the first game, jerseys may be picked up and signed for at the Reception Desk.
- JERSEY DEPOSIT OF $35 DUE AT REGISTRATION!
Attention Goalies - Please Read Below:
- Goalies in this league are VERY important. It is essential that Goalies are present for all the games!! It is the goalie’s responsibility to find a sub!!
- All goalies will be emailed a contact list of the other goalies in the current season.
- It is requested that goalies first ask goalies in their current season if they would like the spot to sub as paying participants. If none accept the spot please email the league organizer email@example.com to send out an mass email to Recreation Oak Bay’s Goalie spare list. (During the Summer and Old Timers season underage Goalies currently in the SUMMER league are permitted to spare for Goalies in the Old-timers League.)
Please register online at: PerfectMind, or call 250-595-7946 to register through reception. Payment will be required in full to officially register yourself in the league. Players must also complete registration prompts.
REGISTRATION FOR WINTER AND SPRING LEAGUES WILL OPEN ON DEC.1
Current League Standings
Current League Team Lists
Current Season - Game Schedules
Upcoming Season - Game Schedules
Previous Season League Final Standings
- WINTER 2021 – CANCELLED to abide by COVID-19 restrictions
League Rules - All Seasons
Please visit Oak Bay Recreation Centre front desk in person, or call 250-595-7946 to register for any of the following seasons. Payment will be required in full as well as a complete registration form to officially register yourself.
- Newsletter – September 1, 2020 – Coming soon.
- Newsletter - December 10, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newsletter - November 20, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newsletter - October 25, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newsletter - October 5, 2019 [PDF - 270 KB]