Hockey League Information
Welcome to the Recreation Oak Bay Adult Hockey League
Updated October 10th 2020
Recreation Oak Bay is pleased to welcome back its Oak Bay Hockey League. As per Viasport Phase 3 safe return to play guidelines, hockey is defined as a sport with frequent or sustained contact during game play. Game play is permitted to occur within the cohort environment. As such, once this program starts, there will be no late registration permitted OR Subs in order to assure that the cohort is not compromised. With this in mind, the league will offer two cohorts consisting of four teams each. League numbers will be lowered to 10 players and one goalie to assure appropriate guidelines are met, and registration will be based on a first-come-first-serve basis. Registration will be individual based only. Please review our website for all updated rules and policies.
COVID POLICIES AND RULES
- If you are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend your game. If you have symptoms, please call 8-1-1 or use the BCCDC self-assessment tool. Stay home if you have travelled in the past 14 days. Cancellations/refunds will be offered if you are sick or have symptoms which prevent you from attending.
- As per Viasport Phase 3 safe return to play guidelines, hockey is defined as a sport with frequent or sustained contact during game play. Game play is permitted to occur within the cohort environment. As such, once this program starts, there will be no late registration permitted in order to assure that the cohort is not compromised. Players must assure that there are no subs. It is encourage that each player limits their number of cohorts they are involved with.
- Please enter the arena by the exterior arena doors check in with the staff, and follow the foot traffic signage posted.
- Only arrive during the permitted 15 minute entry time prior to your session.
- Skaters arrive in full equipment and remove shoes and put on skates in the lobby, taking all personal items to the on ice area. Do not re-enter the lobby!
- Goaltenders are asked to arrive in as much equipment as possible, but will have a designated area to gear up.
- Hockey dressing rooms and showers will not be available.
- No spectators during Oak Bay Hockey League play.
- Do not leave any personal items in the lobby area.
- Skaters must bring a filled water bottle. Absolutely no sharing water bottles.
- Washrooms available with restricted capacity.
- Absolutely no spitting!
- Absolutely no alcohol during or after gameplay.
- Skaters exit the ice via the benches and collect shoes and limited personal items by the off-ice gates.
- Please exit by the separate exit doors during the permitted 15 minute exit time after the ice session you are attending.
NO congregating in parking lot prior to game.
About the Recreation Oak Bay Adult Hockey League
- Recreation Oak Bay is pleased to provide the most affordable recreational adult hockey programming in the lower island. League Organizers will use player registration forms to create teams made up of individual players at the start of the season.
- This league offers a great non-contact recreational hockey program year round. From adults to old-timers, players of all abilities are welcome to join the league (Old-timers is held during the summer only).
- Full hockey gear and CSA approved helmets are mandatory.
- Player stats and rankings are not recorded to support the non-competitive position of this league.
- The league is an individual based sign up league, each player must fill out a registration form. You may request up to three friends to play with. If you have a full team of players, please contact the league organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams may be asked to split up to even out league numbers before the beginning of the season.
Attention Players - Please Read Below:
- Team lists will be online on this page 3 days before the first league game.
- Players MUST wear Recreation Oak Bay Hockey League Jerseys. Jerseys will be provided at the first game of the season. If a player misses the first game, jerseys may be picked up and signed for at the Reception Desk.
- JERSEY DEPOSIT OF $35 DUE AT REGISTRATION!
Attention Goalies - Please Read Below:
- Goalies in this league are VERY important. It is essential that Goalies are present for all the games!! It is the goalie’s responsibility to find a sub!!
- All goalies will be emailed a contact list of the other goalies in the current season.
- It is requested that goalies first ask goalies in their current season if they would like the spot to sub as paying participants. If none accept the spot please email the league organizer email@example.com to send out an mass email to Recreation Oak Bay’s Goalie spare list. (During the Summer and Old Timers season underage Goalies currently in the SUMMER league are permitted to spare for Goalies in the Old-timers League.)
Please register online at: PerfectMind, or call 250-595-7946 to register through reception. Payment will be required in full to officially register yourself in the league. Players must also complete registration prompts.
REGISTRATION FOR WINTER AND SPRING LEAGUES WILL OPEN ON DEC.1
Current League Standings
Current League Team Lists
Current Season - Game Schedules
Upcoming Season - Game Schedules
Previous Season League Final Standings
- FALL 2020 – CANCELLED to abide by COVID-19 restrictions
League Rules - All Seasons
Please visit Oak Bay Recreation Centre front desk in person, or call 250-595-7946 to register for any of the following seasons. Payment will be required in full as well as a complete registration form to officially register yourself.
- Newsletter – September 1, 2020 – Coming soon.
- Newsletter - December 10, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newsletter - November 20, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newsletter - October 25, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newsletter - October 5, 2019 [PDF - 270 KB]