Hockey League Information
Welcome to the Recreation Oak Bay Adult Hockey League
- Recreation Oak Bay is pleased to provide the most affordable recreational adult hockey programming in the lower island. League Organizers will use player registration forms to create teams made up of individual players at the start of the season.
- This league offers a great non-contact recreational hockey program year round. From adults to old-timers, players of all abilities are welcome to join the league (Old-timers is held during the summer only).
- Full hockey gear and CSA approved helmets are mandatory.
- Player stats and rankings are not recorded to support the non-competitive position of this league.
- The league is an individual based sign up league, each player must fill out a registration form. You may request up to three friends to play with. If you have a full team of players, please contact the league organizer at email@example.com. Teams may be asked to split up to even out league numbers before the beginning of the season.
Attention Players - Please Read Below:
- Team lists will be online on this page 3 days before the first league game.
- Players MUST wear Recreation Oak Bay Hockey League Jerseys. Jerseys will be provided at the first game of the season. If a player misses the first game, jerseys may be picked up and signed for at the Reception Desk.
- JERSEY DEPOSIT OF $35 DUE AT REGISTRATION!
Attention Goalies - Please Read Below:
- Goalies in this league are VERY important.It is essential that Goalies are present for all the games!! It is the goalie’s responsibility to find a sub!!
- All goalies will be emailed a contact list of the other goalies in the current season.
- It is requested that goalies first ask goalies in their current season if they would like the spot to sub as paying participants. If none accept the spot please email the league organizer firstname.lastname@example.org to send out an mass email to Recreation Oak Bay’s Goalie spare list. (During the Summer and Old Timers season underage Goalies currently in the SUMMER league are permitted to spare for Goalies in the Old-timers League.)
How to Register
Registration is available 3 different ways:
- Individual Player Registration Form
- Goalie Registration Form
Please visit Oak Bay Recreation Centre front desk in person, or call 250-595-7946 to register for leagues. Payment will be required in full for all registration types as well as a complete registration form to officially register yourself or your team.
Current League Standings
- Winter 2020 [PDF - 118 KB] Updated March 10
Current League Team Lists
- Winter 2020 [PDF - 118 KB] Updated February 4
Current Season - Game Schedules
- Winter 2020 [PDF - 118 KB] Updated February 12
Upcoming Season - Game Schedules
- Spring 2020 [PDF - 118 KB]
Previous Season League Final Standings
- Fall 2019 [PDF - 118 KB]
League Rules - All Seasons
Please visit Oak Bay Recreation Centre front desk in person, or call 250-595-7946 to register for any of the following seasons. Payment will be required in full as well as a complete registration form to officially register yourself.
- Winter 2020 Player Registration Form [PDF - 350 KB]
- Winter 2020 Goalie Registration Form [PDF - 350 KB]
- Spring 2020 Player Registration Form [PDF - 350 KB]
- Spring 2020 Goalie Registration Form [PDF - 350 KB]
- Newsletter - December 10, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newsletter - November 20, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newsletter - October 25, 2019 [PDF - 223 KB]
- Newslette - October 5, 2019 [PDF - 270 KB]