Community Arts Volunteer Team
Welcome to Oak Bay Arts & Culture
The Community Arts Volunteer Team was initiated by Council in 2022 with the intent of engaging volunteers of all ages in public arts and culture programs in the municipality.
The Community Arts Volunteer Team supports activities, initiatives and events that benefit and advance participation the arts in the Municipality of Oak Bay for a full season June 2022 – June 2023.
- Support initiatives specified in the Community Plan and the Annual Work Plan
- Educate & raise awareness and understanding of the importance of public art
- Support the integration of arts and artists at all levels, career stages and genres into a variety of public settings/opportunities
- Celebrate creativity resident in the municipality
- Promote cultural tourism
- Advance participation the arts sector in Oak Bay
Arts Events Volunteers – Assist with Exhibitions, Performances, Workshops, Walks/Tours, Lectures and Special Events occurring throughout the year in Municipality of Oak Bay
Arts Exhibition Jury Volunteers – curate exhibition selection and advise on acquisition of public art for the Municipality of Oak Bay
For more information on the Roles, qualifications and to apply to Volunteer, please download this form. Once completed please email your interest to the Arts Programmer, Andrea Pass.