Indoor Sport Field
Recreation Oak Bay’s Indoor Sports Field is an 11,000 square foot (83’ x 150’) facility featuring Fieldturf™ — a state of the art playing surface made of long strands of synthetic fibres which are in-filled with a special blend of graded silica and ground rubber. This combination provides a field that looks and plays much like real grass without the worries of being rained out.
The Fieldturf™ is especially designed for outside sports such as soccer, grass hockey, volleyball and every other sport you can play outside — but want to play inside!
• $92 per hour + GST
• $112 per hour + GST (for occasional user: those who use less than 10 hours per season)
(excludes stats and school holidays)
- $75 per hour + GST
- $92.50 per hour + GST (for occasional user: those who use less than 10 hours per season)
Prime Time - Commercial Organization:
- $225 per hour + GST
Non-Prime Time - Commercial Organization:
(excludes stats and school holidays)
- $111per hour + GST
5:00pm and later May 1-August 31:
- $57 per hour + GST
INDOOR SPORTS TURF COVID-19 Guidelines for Use
The health and safety of our public and staff is a top priority. It is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19. The following protocols will support our efforts to maintain a safe environment in the Sports Turf.
- If you are sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend.
- If you have symptoms, please call 8-1-1 or use the BCCDC self-assessment tool. Please stay home if you have travelled in the past 14 days. Cancellations/refunds will be offered if you are sick or have symptoms which prevent you from attending.
- Please practice physical distancing, remain 2 meters apart at all times.
- Masks are mandatory for all (staff and patrons) in all common spaces including hallways, lobbies, change rooms, washrooms and when traveling between programs, activities, etc. Masks are still optional when engaged in a physical activity such as running on the turf.
- Please enter the Indoor turf by the exterior South Entrance doors only and follow the foot traffic directional signage posted. See Indoor Sport Turf Foot traffic directions at the end of the guidelines.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your session.
- No Spectators permitted. Only one parent/guardian per participant under 5 years of age or with various needs which may require attention during the session.
- Changerooms and showers will not be available.
- Players arrive in full equipment as needed and limit the amount of personal items. Do not leave any items in the hallway.
- Please do not re-enter the hallway to the sports field unless going to the washrooms.
- Players must have their own clearly labelled full water bottle.
- Washrooms available with restricted capacity.
- Absolutely no game play, scrimmages or contact drills.
- Absolutely no spitting!
- Players and any and all members of one group will exit the turf via back doors off the turf. Following the directional signage posted.
- Please exit within 5 minutes of the completion of the program.
- Absolutely no alcohol during or after gameplay, and no congregating in parking lot before or after turf times.
- Wash or sanitize your hands or upon arrival and before you leave the facility. Hand sanitizers will be available in common areas.
- Please review the Indoor Sports Field Foot Traffic directions before you come to the turf.
Rules are subject to change and will be updated as needed. Those disregarding rules may be asked to leave the facility.
Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture follows the direction of the public health authorities. Contact the Sports Coordinator if any issues arise: 250-370-7113.
For updates on COVID-19 visit www.oakbay.ca/covid-19