Youth Internship Program
The Youth Internship Program, for ages 15-18 years, is working in recreation with children and gaining work experience over the summer.
Loved the summers at camp when you were a kid and always remember those great leaders and mentors? Now is your chance to give back as a summer camp intern. This Youth Internship Program is working in recreation with children, and gaining work experience over the summer. You will have the opportunity to build your leadership and employment readiness skills in a fun and supportive environment. There is a $500 honorarium per successful candidate who successfully complete the program.
Criteria to apply:
- A resident or attend a school in the District of Oak Bay
- Between the age of 15-18 years
- Willing to work 4 weeks in summer camps with children between the ages of 4-12 years
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Attend 5 hours of Youth Internship orientation and leadership training at Oak Bay Recreation Centre, time TBD.
- Attend Oak Bay Summer Staff training on Saturday, June 9 and Sunday, June 10 all day training: both days
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources: email@example.com
or drop off at the Job Application Drop Box, Oak Bay Recreation Centre, 1975 Bee Street, Victoria BC, V8R 5E6.
Deadline for application is Monday, May 7, 2018 at 4pm.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
If you have any questions about the Internship program please contact the Sports Coordinator at 250-370-7113.