Proof of Vaccination
Throughout the Pandemic, Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture have closely followed the Public Health Orders. We have worked to maintain and support opportunities for health, physical and social activities during this time. Thank you for your continuing efforts to follow public health orders to maintain a respectful environment for all.
By Order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination will be required to access select programs and services starting October 25, 2021. Participants over 12 years of age will be required to show their vaccine card and Government issued Photo I.D. to designated Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture staff in order to participate in the following programs, services and situations:
- All fitness/weight room activities for all eligible ages (i.e. 13 years and up for the weight room)
- All indoor adult sport activities including but not limited to tennis, hockey, adult skating, badminton, table tennis, soccer and pickleball
- Events over 50 people (concerts, weddings, presentations, meetings)
- Restaurants/lounges/cafes including the Sportsview Lounge and the Fern Café at the Monterey Recreation Centre
- All parent/guardian assisted children's programs
To meet the requirements of the PHO, staff will ask to see your proof of vaccination card and one piece of valid government issued photo identification. For further information please see our COVID-19 Updates Page.
Please remember, as per the Public Health Order, masks are mandatory indoors at all recreation facilities' public areas and washrooms, including the Parks.