Performing Arts can be found throughout the year at numerous community events, and form an integral part of the Oak Bay cultural experience. In addition to community events, performing arts are taught and presented at a number of venues in our community. Upcoming events may be found under "Community Events" on the Event Calendar or through 3rd-party event calendars or venue websites.
Summer Concert Series at Willows Beach Park
Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture host fortnightly outdoor concerts beginning the weekend before Canada Day until the end of August each year. With a stunning backdrop of Willows Beach, these outdoor concerts gather the community to celebrate music and the arts. Our concerts highlight local musicians with emerging artists as opening acts.
Concert of Remembrance, featuring the students of the Canadian College of the Performing Arts
November, Dave Dunnet Community Theatre, Oak Bay High School
This annual concert pays homage to those who have served Canada in the past and in the present. In 2018 and 2019 the students of the Canadian College of Performing arts have also been joined by the band of the 5th Field Regimen, Royal Canadian Artillery. Admission is by donation and all proceeds go to the Military Family Resource Centre and the Canadian Heritage Arts Society. See the event calendar for dates and details for this years’ performance.
Performing Arts Schools
- Canadian College of Performing Arts (CCPA) / Canadian Heritage Arts Society
- University of Victoria School of Fine and Performing Arts
Performing Arts Venues
- Canadian College of Performing Arts (CCPA)
- Dave Dunnet Theatre
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel David Foster Foundation Theatre
- Phoenix Theatre at the University of Victoria
- University Centre Farquhar Auditorium
- Upstairs Lounge at Oak Bay Recreation Centre - Live Music Series: visit Beacon Ridge Productions
Local Churches and Halls are also periodically used for performances: