Zoning & Land Use Applications

Depending on the location of the property and type of development, a Development Application may be required.

Use the Development Application Form for the following:

  • Official Community Plan Amendment
  • Zoning Bylaw Amendment
  • Land Use Contract Amendment / Discharge
  • Heritage Revitalization Permit
  • Heritage Alteration Permit
  • Development Permit
  • Development Variance Permit
  • Uplands Siting and Design
  • Covenant Amendment
  • Board of Variance

Are you interested in adding your home to the Oak Bay Community Heritage Register?  

Please complete the  Heritage Register Application Form and submit to the Oak Bay Building and Planning Department.

Other forms you may find useful:

Agent Authorization Form

Advisory Design Panel Materials and Colours Checklist

Community Amenity Contribution Council Policy

Subdivision Approval Procedure Form for subdivision applications.  Please follow the instructions contained on the form.

Contact the Building and Planning Department at planning@oakbay.ca or phone 250-598-2042 ext 7403 if you are unsure about which form to use for the application.