Zoning & Land Use Applications
FOR ALL INQUIRIES RELATED TO LAND USE APPLICATIONS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR PROPERTY, PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org or call (250) 598-2042 x7402.
Please see below for additional information.
Stay up to date on development applications in the District
Visit the District's Development Application Tracker, which provides information on current development applications in Oak Bay.
District of Oak Bay has made some changes to our application processes. We have modified the process so we can provide for digital applications and review as we continue to provide services to the community.
For development applications, this includes all form of land use applications, including for example, zoning, development permits, development variance permits, and Uplands Siting and Design. All scheduled advisory committee meetings have been cancelled until the end of April, or until further notice, but we will continue to review and assist you through the application process.
Please note, however, that all discussions with residents and applicants will occur electronically. There are a number of ways in which staff are interacting with residents, including conference calls and other electronic platforms. Payment of fees will also be managed by phone, where you can arrange for payment with your credit card.
If your application is under review, OR if you are applying for a new application:
- Please review all the content within the development application form and contact staff at email@example.com or call (250) 598-2042 x 7402 with any questions you may have regarding application submission. Staff are monitoring the planning email and telephone lines and will respond to you as soon as we are able.
- Submit your electronic application, including ALL supporting materials, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff will contact you to confirm receipt, confirm best means of communications, and advise of any further documentation required.
- Once a complete application is made, staff will review and process your application.
If you have any questions regarding your application, or if you have general inquiries regarding your property or land use in Oak Bay, please send an email to email@example.com. Staff will respond to your inquiry as soon as we are able.
Depending on the location of the property and type of development, a Development Application may be required.
Use the Development Application Form for the following:
- Official Community Plan Amendment
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment
- Land Use Contract Amendment / Discharge
- Heritage Revitalization Permit
- Heritage Alteration Permit
- Development Permit
- Development Variance Permit
- Uplands Siting and Design
- Covenant Amendment
- Board of Variance
Are you interested in adding your home to the Oak Bay Community Heritage Register?
Please complete the Heritage Register Application Form and submit to the Oak Bay Building and Planning Department.
Other forms you may find useful:
Subdivision Approval Procedure Form for subdivision applications. Please follow the instructions contained on the form.
Contact the Building and Planning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 250-598-2042 ext 7403 if you are unsure about which form to use for the application.