Minutes & Agendas
Public Participation in Council Meetings
IMPORTANT - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Council values public participation and input at its Council and Committee meetings. As we navigate this pandemic, and hold meetings electronically, members of the public may wish to participate in several ways: Via Zoom, Via telephone, or in person.
- To participate via Zoom using a computer, smart device or telephone use the meeting ID and password which are published in meeting agendas
- To attend in person to view the meeting which will be broadcast on the Televisions in Council Chambers or the Committee room, located at 2167 Oak Bay Avenue, please pre-register by emailing email@example.com as seating is limited.
Here’s what you can expect if you decide to attend a meeting in person:
- Upon arrival to Municipal Hall, you will be greeted by a Staff Host and asked to complete a COVID pre-screening questionnaire prior to entry;
- Masks must be worn at all times when inside Municipal Hall;
- In accordance with direction from the Province, the vaccination status of attendees will not be checked;
- Physical distancing is in effect – all seats are assigned and distanced by 2 metres;
If you wish to attend the meeting in-person, it is strongly encouraged that you pre-register your attendance as capacity is limited. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat.
Those who prefer to continue to participate electronically are encouraged to do so using Zoom on your telephone, smartphone, tablet, or computer. Where public input is available, all attendees, whether in person or on Zoom will be invited to address Council. Information on how to join the Zoom meeting is published on meeting Agendas.
Members of the public can also provide written comments to Council via mail, drop off at Municipal Hall, or by email to email@example.com before noon on the day of the meeting to have your input shared with Council through the agenda.
If you have any questions regarding in-person or electronic participation in Council meetings, please contact Corporate Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling
All meetings are streamed live at https://oakbay.civicweb.net/Portal/Video.aspx