Looking to play a racquet sport (tennis, pickleball, badminton or table tennis) in Oak Bay?
Court rentals and programs are offered year-round, with the facilities open seven days a week. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned player, programs for children to adults include group and private lessons, drop-ins, socials, and tournament play.
Annual Tournament Schedule - 2024 Tournaments
Regional Pickleball Survey
Pickleball has become an important recreational activity for residents. To respond effectively to its growth, Oak Bay is working with other Greater Victoria regional cities to develop a Greater Victoria Pickleball Strategy. You can find more information on the project in the link below including a project timeline. Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey this past summer!
Outdoor Tennis courts playing times:
Carnarvon Park: 9:00am–dusk
Windsor Park : 9:00am–dusk
All instructors are certified Tennis Canada Instructor or higher.
Kids Pathway: Ball color is dependent on age (age the child turns in the calendar), while the levels (Level 1 or Level 2) are determined by skill. Level 1 focuses on racquet fundamentals, along with activities that build tennis-specific coordination. Level 2 focuses on the tactics of tennis while refining the rally, serve and net-play skills. A fun tournament offered at the end of lesson sets will be used to assess each player’s fit for the next level.
Download Tennis Pathway (pdf)
- September 1, 2023 – April 30, 2024:
$64.00/hr (Multiple lessons) - $76.50/hr (Single lesson)
- May 1, 2024 – August 31, 2024:
$59.50/hr (Multiple lessons) - $47.00/hr (Single lesson)
Play a Coach:
September 1, 2023– April 30, 2024. $46.75/hr
Guidelines for Rent-A-Court
1) Call 250-370-7200 or book online.
2) Reserve four days in advance, to the hour.
Steps to Register Online
Court rental availability will open four days in advance (to the hour).
1. Ensure your Oak Bay online account and login is set up and your birthdate is accurate. If you do not have an account, you will need to set-up one by calling 250-595-7946.
2. Login with username and password at: oakbayrec.perfectmind.com.
3. Click the Schedule Button near the top left of the screen.
4. Click Court Rental under the Racquet Sport category.
5. Select date and the timeslot/sport court you would like to book and click REGISTER.
6. On the next screen, click REGISTER a 2nd time.
7. Select who is booking the court and select NEXT.
8. Select your method of payment.
9. Follow instructions on screen and complete registration.
NOTE: Payment is required at time of booking. You may cancel your court up to four hours in advance.
Indoor Tennis Court Rentals at Oak Bay Recreation Centre
- September 1, 2023– April 30, 2024, - Prime Time $34.00/hr, Non-Prime Time $17.00/hr
- May 1– August 31, 2024 - $17.00/hr
Indoor Gym Racquet Sport Court Rentals at Henderson Recreation Centre:
- September 1, 2023 – August 31, 2024 - $15.50/hr
Outdoor Tennis and Pickleball Court Rentals (all locations):
April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024
- Daylight $10.00/hr
- Lighted Play $13.25/hr
April 1, 2024 – March 31, 2025
- Daylight $10.00/hr
- Lighted Play $13.25/hr
- Reserve up to four days in advance (to the hour). For example: To book a court on the Thursday, you can book on Sunday at the time that you want to play on Thursday.
Book online or by phone: 250-598-2665 (Oak Bay Recreation Indoor Tennis Courts) or 250-370-7200 (Henderson Recreation Centre Indoor and Outdoor Courts).
Steps to Register Online
To book follow the directions below or download the detailed instructions on How to Book.
Ensure that your Oak Bay online account and login is set up and your birthdate is accurate. If you do not have an account, you will need to set one up by calling Reception at 250-595-7946.
Log in with username and password at oakbayrec.perfectmind.com
Under the Facilities menu, select the type of court rental.
Search for availability or scroll through the list, locate your court of choice, and select Choose to view availability.
Select the time of your choice on the grid.
Review the summary at the bottom of the page and click Register.
Select Booker (this will default to the primary contact on your account) and click Next.
Answer the questionnaire, listing the names of all individuals who will be playing on this court booking, and click Next.
Review Booking and click Checkout to choose payment method or Add another reservation if you would like to book another court. (If your booking is incorrect, click Modify Booking to amend).
Select payment method and click Place My Order to complete the reservation.
Select Print Receipt or Print Contract to have the option to either print or email documents. This is your record for who you played with. Please save it for a one-month period.
NOTE: Payment is required at the time of booking. You may cancel your session up to four hours in advance. If you feel symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. We will be happy to issue you a refund.
Indoor Court Rentals: Players ten years old and up are welcome to participate in the court rentals; however, one adult nineteen years or older must be present and playing.
All Indoor and Outdoor racquet court bookings are now available and can be booked up to four days in advance (to the hour).
Oak Bay Recreation Centre:
- Outdoor Tennis Courts 1-7
Henderson Recreation Centre:
- Outdoor Tennis Courts 1-6
- Indoor Badminton Courts 1-4
- Indoor Pickleball Courts 1-4
- Indoor Table Tennis Tables 1-8
- Outdoor Pickleball Courts A-E
- Outdoor Tennis Courts 1-5
- Outdoor Tennis Courts 1-3
Please refer to the Fees section for amount due per hour during your block booking period.
Indoor at Oak Bay Bubble:
September 15–December 15 (13 weeks)
- Registration: August 31 at 9:00am (Multiple courts)
- Registration: September 1 at 9:00am (Single court)
January 15–April 30 (13 weeks)
- Registration: November 30 at 9 :00am (Multiple courts)
- Registration: December 1 at 9:00am (Single court)
Tennis and Pickleball
Outdoor at Henderson Recreation Centre (Tennis) and Carnarvon Park (Pickleball)
May 1– September 14 (20 weeks for the cost of 17 weeks to account for rain days).
- Registration: March 31 at 9:00am (Multiple courts)
- Registration: April 1 at 9:00am (Single court)
How to block book online:
- Ensure your Oak Bay online account and login is set up.
- Go to oakbayrec.perfectmind.com
- Login with username and password.
- Click the Schedule Button near the top of the screen.
- Under Racquet Sports click Block Bookings (you may need to click Show Courses).
- Select date and type of Block Booking and click Register.
- Click on the WAITLIST.
- Answer the questionnaire.
Note: If you are not home when the call is made, your court will be held until payment is made unless you have not inputted all the relevant information for your booking to be held (i.e. Time, day and session).Cancellation Policy:
To receive a refund or credit, you must cancel at least four hours prior to your court time.