Looking to play Tennis and Pickleball in Oak Bay? Adult lessons, children summer camps and outdoor tennis/pickleball courts are available now.
Download the Tennis COVID-19 Safety Handbook
- Lessons have a maximum of 4 players per court.
- Coaches will be the only person allowed to handle the tennis balls.
- Please wait for your lesson outside of the court area, maintaining appropriate physical distancing from others. The coach will meet you outside and bring you to the court.
- All lessons will end 7 minutes early to allow for the class transition and cleaning.
Facilities available to book:
Indoor court bookings are not available at this time.
Outdoor court bookings are now available and can be booked up to four days in advance (to the hour).
- Henderson Recreation Centre: Tennis Courts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
- Carnarvon Centre: Pickleball Courts A, B, C, and D / Tennis Court 3/ Multi-Use Court 4 and 5
- Windsor Park: Tennis Courts 1, 2, and 3
How to book facilities:
- Reserve your courts online, or call Henderson Reception at 250-370-7200. (Monday-Sunday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Download the for how to book Outdoor Tennis Courts online.
- Download the for how to book Outdoor Pickleball Courts online.
- Download the Tennis and Pickleball Court Guidelines for Use During COVID-19.
Tennis and Pickleball Courts COVID-19 Guidelines for Use
The health and safety of the public and staff is our top priority. It is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
The following protocols will support our efforts to maintain the health and safety of Tennis and Pickleball Players:
- Do not use the tennis or pickleball courts if you are sick.
- Stay home if you have traveled in the past 14 days OR if someone in your household is sick.
- Keep 2 metres apart from each other at all times.
- Play only with people you know well and, preferably, with a limited, small group (max 6 people).
- Do not loiter in the parking lot before or after your game.
- When waiting to play line up outside of the courts to ensure physical distancing.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer for use before, during and after their match.
- All players’ names must be provided at the time of court reservation. It is the patron’s responsibility to ensure that all names are provided accurately when booking a court.
- Recreation Oak Bay staff will periodically monitor the tennis and pickleball courts to ensure players are practicing social distancing during the court booking times.
On the Court and During Play
- No physical contact between players, the net or another player’s equipment.
- Benches and garbage cans are not available.
- Players do not change ends during a match.
- Doubles allowed with strict awareness & monitoring of the 2-metre/6-foot rule for physical distancing.
- Each player uses his/her own balls, clearly marked as their own. Whomever is serving uses their own balls. When safe to do so, other players can pass back the balls to the owner by using their racquet/paddle.
People not adhering to this protocol risk the closure of the facilities and will be asked to leave the premises.
Oak Bay Parks, Recreation and Culture follows the direction of the public health authorities. Contact Tennis and Pickleball Supervisor if any issues arise: 250-370-7109
For updates on COVID-19 visit www.oakbay.ca/covid-19
Recreation Oak Bay Tennis Pathway
Download Tennis Pathway [PDF - 98 KB]